There are few things in the world that can bring as much joy as a delicious, moist chocolate brownie. The perfect brownie needs to be chewy on the inside, crunchy on the outside and chocolatey all over.
After a long day of delivering My Chocolate Boxes, we needed a little something sweet of our own. So we did what any modern-day person would do, we Googled recipes and baked and tested until we found the most heavenly brownie recipe that ticks all our boxes. For this recipe, which we’ll be sharing with you, we need to thank Layla from Gimme Delicious Food.
Here follows the must-try brownie recipe.
½ cup butter
80g dark chocolate
1 cup sugar
2 eggs, beaten
½ tsp vanilla
½ cup flour
½ cup chocolate bits
¼ cup chopped pecan nuts (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 160°C, and line a 20x20cm backing pan with baking paper or spray it with baking spray. You can use a 22x33cm for a double recipe.
- Melt the butter and the dark chocolate together over a low heat. If you melt it in the microwave, remember to stir it every 30 seconds.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the sugar, beaten eggs and vanilla until well-combined.
- Add the flour, chocolate bits and nuts. Gently stir, but do not over mix, until well-blended.
- Pour the batter into the pan and bake for 30-35 minutes (5-10 minutes longer for the double recipe) or until a crust had formed and a cake tester comes out clean.
- Let it cool for about 15 minutes before cutting it.
- Enjoy hot or cold, with ice cream, custard or on its own.
For more delicious chocolate goodies subscribe to My Chocolate Box for only R349 per month. Best of all, our treats are delivered straight to your door every month.
Recipe and images are taken from Gimme Delicious Food.