Easter is a beautiful time. Families get together to celebrate peace and love, we all enjoy a few mid-year holidays, and everywhere you’ll find delicious food. From roasted lamb to hot cross buns to delicate chocolate eggs. We can honestly say, we love Easter.
So, when you’re planning your Easter day, how about adding a special Easter egg hunt to the itinerary? One that is super delicious and (even if we say so ourselves) bright and beautiful. Make this quick and easy Easter egg trifle.
6 tots whiskey (optional)
2 tubs cream cheese
1 can coconut milk (optional)
300 g icing sugar (75 g x 4)
Food colouring (we used gel colouring)
500 g small Easter eggs
1 medium size Easter egg (found in your My Chocolate Box)
- You’ll need a deep glass bowl and four separate mixing bowls. Unfortunately, as easy as this dish is, as many dishes will you have to clean.
- Separate the cream cheese in four bowls. We added coconut milk to stretch the cheese a little further. Add vanilla, icing sugar and food colouring to each bowl and mix until smooth. We used yellow, pink, green and gold.
- Cut the chocolate cake into slices. We used Swiss roll, but if you want, baking brownies will be as delicious.
- Layer the bottom of the glass bowl with the cake. If you’d like to add a bit of kick, pour a tot or two whiskey over the cake.
- Top the cake layer off with one of the cream cheese mixtures and sprinkle eggs over it.
- Put another layer of cake slices and if desired, whiskey.
- Spread a different colour of the cream cheese mixture over it and add eggs.
- Continue with the layering until you run out of bowl or ingredients.
- The last layer should be cream cheese. Decorate it with the last eggs and a medium-size chocolate egg. Just remember to take off the foil.
- Serve it immediately or leave it in the fridge until you’re ready for it.