Pear, pastry and chocolate team up to make the perfect tart. Serve with ice cream for a decadent dessert for a special celebration or a weekend treat.
1 x prepared 20 cm pie pastry
7 TBS unsalted butter (at room temperature)
½ cup sugar
1 cup almonds (finely ground)
1 TBS cocoa
100 g dark chocolate
1 tin pear halves (drained)
1. Heat oven to 176°C.
2. Grease pie tin and line with pastry.
3. In a large bowl, mix together the butter and sugar
4. Then add almonds, eggs and cocoa and beat together until light and fluffy.
5. Put the chocolate in a heat-proof bowl and place it over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, stir to combine until smooth and remove from heat.
6. Once slightly cooled, thoroughly blend together the two mixtures.
7. Pour into the prepared pastry shell and arrange pear halves on top.
8. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a knife that you insert into the middle comes out clean.