Chocolate. Brownies and Cookies. All your favourite sweet treats rolled up in one delicious dessert. What’s not to love?
2 cups chocolate – chopped
4 TBS butter at room temperature
1 cup sugar
3 large eggs
3/4 cup cocoa powder
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Put the chocolate and butter in a heat-proof bowl and place it over a saucepan of simmering water. Once melted, stir to combine until smooth then remove from heat and set aside to cool.
2. In a separate bowl, add the sugar and eggs and whisk until pale yellow and thick.
3. In a third bowl, mix together the cocoa powder, flour, baking powder and salt.
4. Fold the egg mixture into the dry ingredients and then add in the vanilla extract and stir to incorporate.
5. Now gently fold in the chocolate mixture.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate until the batter is just firm – about 45-60 minutes.
7. Preheat the oven on 180°C.
8. Use a tablespoon to form your cookies on a baking sheet.
9. Bake between 10-14 minutes, but check after 10 minutes as you don’t want to overcook them. When the cracks appear, they should be done.
10. Let the cookies set on the baking sheet, then put them on a cooling rack to cool completely.
Now you can eat and enjoy!
Recipe adapted from All 4 Women